PDA

View Full Version : An Open Message to all the Lurkers

Go4it
02-24-2010, 08:29 AM
Just a word to the wise --- about the only posters on here are me and OKmojo. There are a few more, but not many. So those of you who come here just to look around and then disappear without saying shit are gonna be real disappointed when we quit posting because there isn't any feedback.

niteowluk2003
02-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Hi Go4it,

whilst I admire your motive I must point out that there are in fact a number of posters who regularly invest time and effort into posting for others pleasure. I for one have posted over 90 stories on this site and if you include the extra chapters that has to amount to over 300 posts in stories alone.

Whilst the nature of the site is to share and contribute; people feeling they are pressured into posting will simply drift away. A much better way of engaging them would be to court them along with interaction like; part two will be posted if sufficient different members request me to continue.

davesmistress
02-25-2010, 03:49 AM
It can be difficult to get interaction...But this site unfortunately has nothing but itself to depend on....Like some of our other forums have an extra story page.

Well just keep plugging along....:)

April
02-25-2010, 04:46 AM
Unfortunately as much as you think that this is the right way to get people to post, it doesn’t quite work that way. People need to feel encouraged to post, need to feel that their opinions, pictures or posts will be valued, and sometimes making that first post is terrifying for some members. Encouragement instead of pressure is a better way to go.

I can’t talk though, I joined Blue Stories around the same time I joined over at SSP, even though I do come over here and poke around every now and then, I haven’t posted that much. The problem was that there used to be a lot of cross posting between SSP and Blue, so there was no point really going to both sites as what was seen on one was also posted on the other. So in the end, because of the friendships I had made and the fun I was having - SSP became my home away from home.

The best way to look at it, is to post on forums and threads that you enjoy, share things with other members that you like, really encourage those members that reply to your posts and thank them for it… and fingers crossed your contributions may be just the thing that gets someone to post.

I have 1000’s of pictures clogging my files that were destined for SSP, but when I can get a spare 5 minutes I will have a dig around and see what I can add to the threads you guys have over here.

Brigit Astar
02-25-2010, 09:42 AM
Go4It--you have received a lot of feedback, and there are dozens of people who regularly contribute posts here, so I have no idea where you're coming from.

niteowluk2003
02-25-2010, 10:00 AM
Hi Brigit Astar,

I can see what you are saying but I think Go4it was making a genuine plea to others to begin participating by posting; Although his way of putting his point over was not really very tactful it is a valid point that if all the regular posters stopped doing just that; then there would be no new stuff to read or take part in.

Go4it
02-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Sorry - forgot to mention the posters who work with the stories. You guys do a great job. There are of course all kinds of catagories here. Enough from me -- peace out.

davesmistress
02-26-2010, 01:57 AM
Now we werent syaing we want you to go away...or not post.

Unfortunately this forum has always been a bit slow, since back in 07 when I came aboard.

niteowluk2003
02-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Hi Go4it, but don't you think that is what makes this site so good the eclatic mix of story posters, picture posters and not forgetting those who try their very best to tickle our humor taste buds.....

Keep up the good work Go4it, we all appreciate the posters efforts.