PDA

View Full Version : A Word of Encouragement for Unread Writers

Brigit Astar
02-27-2010, 09:51 AM
I know that some writers post stories on this site that for one reason or another are not read very much. I mysef have stories posted which have had only a relatievly few readers. All I can say is hang in there. I have had stories posted on this sight that were read by only four or five readers in months. And then all of a sudden for some inexplicable reason, my story will began to be read. Sometimes it just takes time. But here's somthing to think about: even if your story has been read by only one person, the fact is, it was read. And that is all-important. Writers will know what I mean. There is a world of difference between your writing not beng read by anyone and your work being read by one person.

niteowluk2003
02-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Too true, Despite my reputation now on this site as being a prolific writer as told to me by others on here; I too have had stories which have hung around for months and months with relatively few readers and suddenly took off like a rocket.

So it is not an idication your story is not good enough; more like the changing tastes of the people who come along to read it. suddenly it will hit home to one reader who gives it a good rating and possibly a thank you post and it gets noticed by others and then you are away.

I have posted over 90 different stories on this site and I have had some which rarely get read and others which seem to hit the tastes of more than the average amount of readers and it flies. So do not dispair your work will get read it may just take some time.

davesmistress
03-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Nice post

Thanks guys