PDA

View Full Version : Help with uploading and posting attachments

Jackknife
11-28-2010, 07:34 PM
I cant figure out the attachment gizmo. HELP!

niteowluk2003
11-29-2010, 07:11 AM
In the first instance you need to opt to go to the advance post option and then select manage attachments, this will open a sub menu box which firstly shows all the images you have uploaded in the past and in the top right hand corner there is a button marked as add files. click this for each fle you wish to attach (Max of ten per upload and a max of 30 per post)

Best if you know how many files you are uploading before you begin this. Once you reach the required number of add files, simply click on the browse button and go find the image on your own PC.

Click on open and then move to the next browse button and repeat this proceedure. Once all the files are open and ready to upload then click upload and the computer will transfer them to the web server. once done simply click close window and then write your appropriate accompanying text in the large window and press post.

HOWEVER REMEMBER THAT YOUR IMAGES NEED TO BE WITH IN SIZE LIMITS BOTH AS PIXELS AND FILE SIZE BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY FREE FROM COPYRIGHT LIMITATIONS AND NOT CONTAIN ANY WEBSITE REFERENCES AS INFRACTIONS WILL BE ADDED TO YOUR ACCOUNT IF THIS IS NOT THE CASE. Also check what file types you are trying to attach as only those listed will pass through the site filters.

Jackknife
12-02-2010, 03:14 AM
ok, will i be able to see a preview of it? if so, the attachments are not in the preview

niteowluk2003
12-02-2010, 08:01 AM
I am not sure what you mean by preview of it. Normally in the browse section you only see the filename unless you select directory properties to show large icons, that would then show previews of the images; allowing you to check that the image is the correct one.

Once you click the upload button you should see small images of all your new uploads in the sub menu box at the bottom and it tells you that they will remain there for I think it says three hours if not used. by posting your thread any attached images would automatically be used and passed over to your upload library.

Hope this helps.