PDA

View Full Version : Request for story submissions

Brigit Astar
02-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Bluestories is in dire need of story submissions. For some reason, the well seems to have virtually dried up. Any of you writers out there--submit!

wirepaladin2000
02-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I'll write. Where can I find what is acceptable content for stories?

LittleOldMe
04-19-2011, 01:31 AM
I have an idea for a continuation of a previously published story by an inactive member. I don't know if I need permission for that or not.

niteowluk2003
04-19-2011, 06:01 AM
Yeah, I'll write. Where can I find what is acceptable content for stories?

If you read the forum stickies it tells you the age restrictions which apply on this site other than that there are very few limitations as to the content of your stories.

LittleOldMe
04-20-2011, 03:28 AM
Does anybody monitor these threads? Still waiting for an answer.

niteowluk2003
04-20-2011, 06:38 AM
The threads are monitored I was just not aware you wanted a full frontal comment as the author you refer to is marked as inactive. I would say it is a case of personal preference because some author feel honoured you expand their story whilst others see their story as their personal domain and sacrosanct.

I would suggest that if you feel you want to continue a story then in the opening paragraph simply place a sentence or two crediting the orginal author with the work he had done and then say something like if I was continuing the tale this is how I see it going....

Hope this answers your question.

LittleOldMe
04-20-2011, 04:41 PM
OK, thank you for the answer. I did not know what the protocol was for these situations.
So, rather than take a chance and offend anyone, I thought it best to ask.

OurMile
06-26-2011, 10:18 AM
OK I have stories how do I upload?

niteowluk2003
06-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Decide which category you want your story to appear in and then go to the forum heading. look down the list till you find the category you are going to post in. Now click on that category and click the button post new thread, now simply enter the title in the title box and copy and paste the story into the main box. Press submit and you have posted your story.