PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Erotic Storie sxxx

Brigit Astar
07-14-2011, 09:08 AM
This site is just not getting many visitors or posts. I'm worried that it may be ended because it's not getting much "business."

hornywolf
07-14-2011, 01:54 PM
im still here and reading :) not much of a poster but always waiting for more new stories

niteowluk2003
07-14-2011, 08:47 PM
I too am concerned about the levels of posts being made, but can not think of a new angle to get more people active, unless we resurrect the monthly story awards, in other words we take one new story, one recent story and one story of over 12 months in age and get people to vote for an over all monthly winner and then once a year all twelve monthly winners would be voted upon to get the best story of the year. The three stories nominated should be by proposal from the readers and not selected by moderators or administrators.

davesmistress
07-15-2011, 02:20 AM
Unfortunately it has always been a bit slow, and hard to get people to post.

I dont think Tiger will do away with it.....sometimes wonder if hooking it to a story site like SSP might help?

Go4it
07-15-2011, 03:52 AM
All I know is you had quite a bit more posts, not nearly enough, before you changed everything last time without any warning. Took me over a month to find the site again and I haven't seen any of the old posters here at all since then except for Brigit.

Brigit Astar
07-15-2011, 12:48 PM
It took me awhile to find it again. I think it hurt the site by completely changing the name without really much notice.

davesmistress
07-16-2011, 05:34 AM
I can ask him to consider putting it back on the old domain if its possible.

niteowluk2003
07-16-2011, 07:05 AM
I can remember when I first joined bluestories I used to look forward with envy at those people who got nominated for the monthly story awards and it inspired me to write again and to submit some of my old stories after editing them. I just wonder if other's out there felt the same and if they think that restoring the story awards would appeal. My only thought should be that on the last week of each month the nominations would be open and would exclude nominations from admin and mods so it would be the members choices and then the first week of each month would be for voting.

Go4it
07-16-2011, 11:47 PM
Niteowl -- omit the admins and mods and that would leave ------- 2 of us????

Brigit Astar
07-17-2011, 05:56 AM
Just open up the voting to anyone. I like the idea of resurrecting the story awards. I am self-confident enough in my writing to think that at least one of my stories would be voted the best of the month.

davesmistress
07-17-2011, 06:03 AM
We can give it a try...couldnt hurt 1 bit

Brigit Astar
07-17-2011, 06:04 AM
I also like the ideas of hooking this site up to SSP, and going back to the old domain name. To be honest, I think Erotic Stories xxx is an unoriginal name, but BlueStories is quite original.

niteowluk2003
07-17-2011, 09:34 AM
Niteowl -- omit the admins and mods and that would leave ------- 2 of us????

When I suggested the admin and mods be omitted it was for nominating the stories so it would be the peoples choice so to speak. As mods and admin staff are also members there was never any hint they should not be allowed to vote on the best stories.

Comsmith22
09-04-2011, 05:03 PM
just need to get the site out there... and Keep the damned spammers out...

lovegod
12-22-2011, 01:46 AM
Whats to stop you going to other story sites and posting a good story in here ?

Landy
12-23-2011, 09:24 AM
My experience with story of the month over on SSP is that you need to have several active writers to get it going otherwise it is difficult to fine stories to nominate. There is a much higher number of new stories per month there and we stopped doing it after a few months.
Occasional special competitions like Halloween, Valentines day etc. have worked quite well if you give folks a few weeks notice.

Brigit Astar
12-23-2011, 05:22 PM
I think it's important to give people a notice of a few weeks. Some may be working on stories they would like to submit to the various contests, and it might take them a few weeks to get their submissions ready to submit.

niteowluk2003
12-23-2011, 06:38 PM
We have a current story competition running where stories are compoised from still pictures and hopefully we can get members interested in voting for the best stories.

kaidman
10-31-2012, 03:49 PM
its hard to think of a way to get this site mre popular its like SSP older sister who spends all her time in her room I know Marlene is promoting it on her blog and I myself forgot about this site because of lack of action here I mean I posted a comment on this one story and like four months later I come back and my comment is still at the top of the list on that forum

niteowluk2003
10-31-2012, 05:51 PM
An update on the story competition based on stories from a still picture. I was the only one who submitted a story and as Admin it would be unfair for me to vote it the winner... However if there is enough interest we could run it once more and make it a regular competition say every three months. What do you think? Obviously changing the pictures every time.

muhabba
10-31-2012, 11:13 PM
I post my stories as soon as I write them. I'm not much of a commenter 'tho. I browse when people post the pics and such. I like it here but it is kinda quiet. Maybe a monthly contest or some such? A topic is picked (story type, basic premise), maybe to be voted on by the users. I think that would be cool. Or maybe even a simple voting system, "This Story Has 9 Likes" or something like that?

Landy
11-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Personally I find it very disheartening when a story gets loads of reads but very few comments. Even if its a couple of words (good or bad) it helps to motivate the writer when folks comment.