PDA

View Full Version : Marriage

Brigit Astar
09-15-2011, 10:01 PM
I wonder what others' views are on marriage in general, and on gay marriage in particular. How many think marriage is a dying institution that has outlived its usefulness?

niteowluk2003
09-16-2011, 04:06 PM
I firmly believe that the need for marriage has died, the modern day is to live together as common law partners and to be honest who really needs a licence or certificate to say I love you to the special one in your life.

Charmbrights
09-17-2011, 09:59 AM
Unfortunately, in the UK at least, marriage or a civil partnership changes your legal status vis-a-vis inheritance, maintenance, etc.

I know that's only when you are no longer together, but anyone can be killed by a drunk driver without any fault of their own and without notice.

crzy67
09-27-2012, 01:03 AM
I will repeat what a gay friend once said: Everyone has the same right to get married as anyone else. And with marriage, every has the same rights to be just as miserable as everyone else. Of Course all this was said in fun.

Go4it
09-27-2012, 04:19 AM
Dearest Brigit ---- as you probably I know I am an old codger and therefore have some pretty straightlaced ideas of certain items. But, marriage is not what it is brought up to be between a man and woman. Or --- between two of the same sex. And while I can see understand and appreciate female/female ---- I am still terribly hung up on NO man/man. Just like with sex -- woman/woman can be very sensual and beautiful. But male/male is nothing but fucking UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to take it a step further --- while it might not be bad that male/female can live together without the license, etc. We still have way to many laws that make it illogical NOT to be married. Add to that - if there is no legal bond, then I think the instance of splitting and going your separate ways would become way to frequent. Too easy adn too convenient. Others might yell ---- SO WHAT!!!!! I'll tell you so what ---- NEXT

KIDS --- If a split is too easy I feel the instances of the single mom would increase significantly. The male becomes the lion of the Serengetti. Bred em and leave em. Come back when they are in heat again. That is a horrible burden to thrust upon the female of the species. We all see the single mom working her ass off in low paying job just trying to keep her head above water and then spending all night taking care of the wee ones. I know and understand there are differing points of view --- but that's mine

PLUS ---- KIDS (again) ---- I think it would be awful for a child to be raised by a family of members of the same sex. Not because the adults aren't worthy or capable --- but because of the additional burden on the child amongst other children. Our childre are some of the harshest creatures on earth. The teasing and abuse will be very hard for the child to take. It's hard enough growing up anyway. It's just not right to throw those extra burdens on a child.

Might we get there some day where it is OK? Maybe. Maybe not. How long have we been trying to eliminate the racial differences? A LONG FUCKING TIME --- and while it is certainly better than it was 100 years ago -- it is still VERY REAL and VEY ACTIVE. And with our new MUSLIM population and differences it may not get any better.

I feel about same sex raising a child as I do about mixed marriages raising a child. NOPE - NO WAY - YOU ARE BEING VERY SELFISH TO PLACE SUCH A BURDEN ON A CHILD JUST FOR YOUR OWN SATISFACTION. You wanna be with your partner of choice --- GO4IT. You wanna be the recepient of ugly glances, sneers, and laughter ---- GO4IT. But that's your choice. Don't force feed someone else.

Just my $1.50 worth cause I can't do anyting 2 cents worth.

Charmbrights
09-27-2012, 10:21 AM
... X can be very sensual and beautiful. But Y is nothing but fucking UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...Might I be allowed to remind you that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Go4it
09-28-2012, 03:03 AM
I agree Charmbright --- and in the eye of this beholder it's nothing but fucking UGLY

crzy67
09-28-2012, 06:23 AM
What always bothers me about the whole same sex issue is how some individuals can be so hypocritical. They can't stand the thought of two men being married, yet have no issues watching two women going down on each other in a movie. For some, the thought of two women together is sexy, while to these same people, it's repulsive for two men to be together. People are meant to be happy and not be repressed.

kaidman
10-30-2012, 11:18 PM
I don't mind any type of union except for old people marrying underage people because the young ones emotional maturity is vulnerable so it is close to brainwashing and also polygamy because I hate how women are treated as property and it is like it in those types of unions I do approve of all that Brigit does hehe I like her tastes

Go4it
10-31-2012, 12:00 AM
Remember the question was ---- what are other members views ---- not is it right.