View Full Version : How I Write an Erotic Story

Brigit Astar
07-29-2012, 07:16 PM
First of all, an urge will come over me to write a story in a certain genre or with a certain subject matter. Then I let my imagination go willy nilly and see if I can come up with a story that is not a repeat of any story I've written or that I've read. I work out a general outline in my head. Then I visualize and audiolize each scene in my head before I write it. That means that I actually picture the scene in my mind and say the words audibly before I write. Only then will I begin writing. I try to include only enough description and dialogue to enable the reader to visualize and "hear" the story. I try to be as realistic as possible, avoiding cliches and over-used phrases and words. I strive for variety in both the characters and the story. I try to make each character distinct and different than any other character. I try to follow the classical format of an introduction and/or beginning, a middle and/or body, and an ending and/or conclusion. I always try to have a resolution in the story. I also try to leave as much as I can to the reader's imagination, and to avoid over-description. I attempt to stay away from exaggeration and incongruity. All my characters and the story itself are grounded in concrete reality--unless I am writing a supernatural, sci-fi or fantasy story. I revise each story I write four or five times before I post it. I am always on the lookout for grammatical mistakes and run-on sentences. I'll let the story set for a few days, and then read it objectively--putting myself in the reader's place. And that's it. It usually takes me about two weeks to plan, write and revise a story.

07-29-2012, 08:29 PM
That is why yours are so good. Then there are folks like me who treat it like sex --- I just whip it out and get after it, hoping to have a happy ending. Seriously, B --- good job.

Brigit Astar
07-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Thank you, Go4it. But even if you write spontaneously, it still takes a lot of work--and imagination to write an erotic story.

08-01-2012, 04:46 AM
I wrote what I thought was an excellent story about 10+ years ago for a lady I had met on line. Had never seen one like it before and haven't seen one like it since. It got lost somewhere in the shuffle between changing computers. It was kind of an "out of the blue" story that just seemed to have a life of it's own. I am NOT a writer in any sense of the word - but that one was good. I miss it!!!!!!! LOL.

I have thought of trying to re-write it several times, but there is NO WAY. I couldn't even begin to re-tell it.

08-01-2012, 07:16 AM
As I have always said, the only way for me to write a story is to play it through like a film in my head, including dialogue and then when it turns me on, I know its close to being a good story. writing brief notes about characters, scenes and sexual positions allows me to recapture the thoughts as I write and then the dialogue just seems to flow and it is a matter of getting the story down on virtual paper as it uncoils in my mind.

I have found this useful in particular when revisiting an old story and adding an extra chapter.

Brigit Astar
08-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Your method is excellent indeed as attested to by all the stories you have posted.

08-01-2012, 10:14 PM
why thank you Brigit.