PDA

View Full Version : food for thought.lol

cactuscock
10-07-2006, 05:21 AM
didn't see much on about what everyone likes food wise.

so here is a question .....

has any one on the boards ever made there own home made apple suace..or jelly.

i have done this for about 20 yrs starting when i was a little boy with my grandparents , every fall they would go and pick apples .And every kind of berrie. and make jams and jellys, and my favorite apple sauce. the red kind.. cinn,nutmeg,and sugar .

well my little boy and i went yest. and picked 2 bushels of apples and made a ton of it so storage bags and freezer it went ,sliced up some and made some apple pies, and like little hot pockets. for quick breakfasts..

because i am a monday MR MOM. i wondered if any one else did this with there kids to pass the time or not ..

davesmistress
10-07-2006, 05:25 AM
Well I have no kids...and my mother was not the homemaker type....but my Stepmom used to make us homemade corndogs when we were kids back before she married my dad...

Best I can do...hahahaha

Thanks for a great new thread Cactus

cactuscock
10-07-2006, 05:33 AM
your welcome , i love the fall, my wife says she first married me for love, and now she married me for my cooking .lol

freedom
10-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Me and my grandma used to make jelly of different kinds. Depended on what was in season.

We made a horrible mess making Apple Butter...just remember boys and girls it pops when it's cooking! LOL...we had that stuff everywhere!

davesmistress
10-07-2006, 09:59 PM
Hahahah I bet it does...thanks Freedom