Thread: Oldest Computer

Well under way

Oldest Computer

What is the oldest computer that you had. Something that you used for yourself.

Mine was a Trash-80 (TRC-80) from Radio Shack.

Vick 20

Administrator Blue Story Forum Perverts
    spectrum zx 81 with 1kb of memory and it had to be programmed by typing in the basic.
    ;om It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice!!!;om

;om And just remember there is no rehearsal for life.;om

Other stories wot I writ....
    There are too many titles of stories wot I have writ to list here but if you click on my name and then select all posting by this person you will be able to see all my work.

Super Moderator
    I've been on the computer for close to nine years now--started when I was barely sixteen. I had a conglomeration of computer, printer, keyboard and monitor--all different brands. I can't even remember their names. The computer was a large heavy contraption that resembled something out of the 1980s. Needless to say, the comp finally finally went kaput, and I bought another comp. I'm bad with names, so I can't remember what brand name it was either. I bought the whole deal: a Dell-- comp, printer, monitor and keyboard--all the same brand. This lasted me for about five years. Now I have a comp that's about a year old.

Just Arrived
    IBM 650 which was programmed in SOAP and you needed to know that PI seconds made one nanocentury to calculate the drum movement in the instruction execution time, or you missed a whole rotation on every instruction, thus slowing it down to a crawl. This was 1958.

Acer with an exorbitant 33mhz processor that came with DOS operating system. I actually thought that DOS shell was going to make computers easier to use, Then windows came on the scene and made that obsolete- thank goodness.

Administrator Blue Story Forum Perverts
    Another home computer I had here in the UK was a spectrum 3 Plus, with a handy little gizmo called a zip drive (Well it was a handy gizmo in them days....lol) but my first real computer I had access to was an Amstrad pc1512, with the 5.25" floppy drive... although I discover a natural talent to program this with in six weeks and in doing so it actually helped me pay for my first proper PC, a windows 2.3 version 286 machine, with a 10 GB harddrive......Wow such heady days they were..... and that was 1983 so the 1984 prediction of big brother and all that nearly came about.
    ;om It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice!!!;om

;om And just remember there is no rehearsal for life.;om

Other stories wot I writ....
    There are too many titles of stories wot I have writ to list here but if you click on my name and then select all posting by this person you will be able to see all my work.

Thread Information