Chapter Eleven
Sonny and Diana Wait for Jeannie and Jerry

When Diana awoke, the first thing she noticed was that the bed seemed awfully big. Then she realized that Jerry and Jeannie were gone.

She went downstairs, yawning and rubbing her ass. Nope—no Jeannie or Jerry in the living room; nor the kitchen. She found a note on the kitchen table from Jeannie informing them that Jerry and she had gone to make the rounds of the animals.

Sonny came downstairs in his underwear, wondering what was up. Diana showed him the note.

“Oh well, nothing to do till they get back,” he yawned.

“Would you like some late lunch and coffee. I'm going to fix me some.”

“Now that you mention it, yeah, I am kind of hungry,” Sonny replied.

Diana got busy, fixing scrambled eggs and fried ham and toast.

Sonny mainly occupied himself by staring at the wall.

They ate in silence because they both were famished. Jerry finished off the orange juice with a sigh of contentment.

“I've simply got to talk Dad into marrying you,” he said. “You would make a perfect addition to the family.”

“I'm ready whenever he is,” she said ruefully. “Unfortunately, I think your dad has the philosophy of once bitten twice shy. He doesn't seem to be the least bit interested in marriage.”

“You never know,” Sonny replied. “Things can change in a hurry. I mean, look at the change in me from yesterday to today.”

“Well, you're right there” Diana said. “You've done a hundred and eighty degree turn since yesterday.”

“I owe it all to you,” he smiled.

“No,” Diana smiled back. “You owe it to yourself.”

Sonny got up and went to the counter and started preparing some coffee to perk. Diana noticed and went to him and said, “Let me fix the coffee. Go and do whatever it is you men do in the mornings. By the time you finish I'll have the coffee done.”

“Okey doke,” Sonny answered. He went upstairs and showered and brushed his teeth and shaved. By the time he made it back downstairs the aroma of freshly perked coffee assailed his nostrils.

An idea had been forming in Diana's head. She would serve them both coffee, and then tell Sonny about the stimulant. (She felt he was ready to know.) And then they would go in search of Jeannie and Jerry. After that, the future was open...

As they sipped coffee, Diana started the conversation going by asking Sonny if he had ever experienced anything like the past twenty-four hours.

“Never in my life,” Sonny replied. “It's like my eyes have been opened. The only regret I have is that I've missed so much.”

“Well, you'll just have to catch up,” Diana answered. “It won't take you long.”

After finishing the first cup, Sonny was ready for a refill. This was the right time. Diana thought, to fill him in on the stimulant.

“Have you wondered what's brought on the change in you over the past twenty-four hours?” she asked.

Sonny shrugged. “I just figured it was a delayed-reaction-type-thing. It took me awhile to digest what was going on. Now it feels like I've almost been born again.”

“What if I told you that you've had a little help?” Diana asked.

“You mean from Dad and Jeannie—and you?”

“No, I mean from a sexual stimulant.”

He looked blankly at her, and then asked , “sexual stimulant?”

“Yeah,” she answered. “It's something that your dad worked on for literally years. You know he took college courses in chemistry, and he keeps his reading up on the subject, and he's done some experiments on his own—nothing sanctioned by PETA I might add.” She chuckled. “Once your dad gets his mind onto a subject he's like a bulldog with a bone. He won't let up till he figures out how to do it. Well, he finally figured it out. He developed, on his own, the perfect sexual stimulant. It's odorless, tasteless, and clear as water. But the effects of it are very potent.”

She then explained the different effects the stimulant had on males and females. Sonny was fascinated and even enraptured by her account. He finally chuckled and said, “This is just like Dad. He and I, in case you didn't know, are fond of playing little practical jokes on each other. Looks like this time, he's played the ultimate joke on me.”

“You don't really mind this joke though, do you?” she asked.

“Not in the least,” Sonny replied. “I'm glad Dad played it on me.”

“Why don't I add a little of the stimulant to a thermos of coffee, and let's you and I go on a search for Jerry and Jeannie,” Diana inquired.

“Sounds like a winner,”Sonny answered.